יום שבת, 6 ביולי 2013

Planning according to Weight Watchers Points Plus

I spent several hours reading the weight watchers system and planning accordingly.

The way it works is as follows - Everything that you eat costs you points. For example if you drink one glass of 1% fat milk then it costs you 2.5 points. Another example, if you eat double Hamburger of around 150 g then it costs you 17 points.

Now according to your weight and age weight watchers provide you with the number of points that you can eat per day.

Vegetables cost 0 points.

The first 3 fruits that you eat per day cost you 0 points.

In addition, in case of emergency where you have to eat outside and you eat a lot and exaggerate, then weight watchers give you 49 points to spend.

In addition - if you do sports then you can credit yourself with more points.

Now since I weigh around 140 Kg - the weight watchers coach told me that I can eat 59 points. She was shocked when she read that number to me... - she said it's too much. Again - these people are used to deal with small women. So she kind of suggested that I eat 35-45 points. Anyway - the most basic thing that I need to know - I don't know.

So I took the old plan and arranged myself a weekly plan of around 42 points. 



Let me describe a typical day according to this plan

Early Morning (~6 a.m)
  • 2 table spoons of oat mixed with cinnamon & flax.

Breakfast (~7:45 a.m)
  • 1 slice of whole wheat bread
  • 1 egg
  • 200 g 3% yogurt
  • 100 g 1% Cottage Cheese
  • Big Salad with no salt, no pepper, no oil
  • 10 Olives

Snack (~10:00 a.m.)
  • One slice of whole wheat bread.
  • One tea spoon peanuts butter or one tbsp Humus or one tbsp raw techina or half Avocado
  • 10 gr walnuts or 6 pieces of Brazil nuts or 24 almonds

Lunch (~12:00 noon)
  • 1 glass of cooked fool beans or lentils or peas.
  • 1 glass of cooked full rice or pasta made of whole wheat or wheat groats.
  • 1 egg or 1 soy shnitzel.
  • Huge Salad with all 5 colors.

Snack (~16:00 afternoon)
  • 3 plums or 2 big bananas or 3 apples or 3 peaches or 24 grapes or 1.5 cups of chopped mango

Dinner (~19:00 afternoon)
  • 1 big salad
  • 1 tsp olives oil
  • 250 g 0.5% cottage cheese.
  • 1 slice of whole wheat bread.
  • 1 egg


few points here -
  • I eat 6 meals per day - I should never be hungry.
  • I am vegetarian since I was 7.5 years old.
  • The 10 olives provides the oil that one need in order to digest the vitamins that we have in the salad. Unfortunately it contains lots of salt. I may have to look for an alternative.
  • Even though I am diabetics - I decided to eat fruits cause weight watchers strongly recommended them. I selected fruits with low glycemic index.
  • I know that building a plan according to weight watchers is not accurate and I do it only at the beginning - later I shall revert to relying directly on the USDA data base.


That's it,

Aviel.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה