יום חמישי, 5 בספטמבר 2013

run forest run

Hello everyone and happy Rosh Hashana,

I am sure you remember that scene from the movie "Forest Gump" where Forest is running for his life, right after his gf shouts at him "Run forest run"....


Yep that's about how I feel these days - I am running for my life - and YAY I can run 5 minutes w/o taking a break.

I walk/run from Freescale to the Herzliya beach and then back. If you recall I am following the c25k (Couch Potato to 5K) program using an application called run double on my Android so on their web site I can see how I was doing.... see? 



Training starts with the synthesized voice (of a woman) telling me "Start your warm up now", then I run for 5 minutes when I hear her husky voice saying "Start running now" and I run for 3 minutes. Then I hear her saying "Change to a brisk walk", and then after 90 seconds like this I hear the bitch commanding me again "Start running now". Oh so sssooon? I curse a bit and start running, and running and running - 5 minutes of pure hell where I reach the sea shore and start running by the sea side trying not to fill my only pair of shoes with water or other debris, after all I need them for my Rosh Hashana's eve... and I see people walking, smiling, breathing the morning air. After 5 minutes running the synthesized voice says "Change to a brisk walk" and I walk, sweating, inhaling the salty air, looking at the people who look so happy, looking at rare couples whose marriage was not yet destroyed walking together, talking, living their lives. I pause, I snap a picture, it's 6:30 a.m., I continue pacing when the bitch tells 


me "Start running now"... I am not running that fast, the lady tells me that I am running at a pace of 9 minutes per mile, that's about 6 minutes per Kilometer right? It's easy, I am already warmed up at this stage, I feel better, I am on my way back, to the office, I walk, I run 5 minutes more when I hear the lady commanding me "Slow down to an easy pace"...mmmmm - love that minute - I have done my share for the day, I walk slowly back to the office, it's early morning, very few cars, the air is still cool and I have this wonderful post workout endorphin rush - yes, today is going to be a great day!

Aviel.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה