יום שבת, 12 באוקטובר 2013

Yay - I graduated the "Couch potato to 5K" program

Yes,

For me it is quite an achievement!

If you told me 3 months ago that in 3 months I will be able to run 5 Km w/o stop I would not believe you. I was extremely fat.


My right feet was injured because it could not carry my weight. I couldn't walk so I instinctively shifted my weight to my heels. The result was Heel spur - a sharp pain in both heels (Plantar fasciitis)

 s
I bought pad insoles for my shoes - and the doctor told me I won't be able to run any more but I will be able to walk and start exercising. I was so happy. and I started walking 3 months ago.

I would walk one hour every day in the gym. Because I was afraid to run - I was walking up the slope and trust me - it was very difficult as you can see here.

Then 9 weeks ago I started my nutritarian diet. It was during my summer vacation and I was away from the gym room in the office so I started the program "couch potato to 5k". It started slowly - I would jog 60 seconds and then walk 90 seconds and I would repeat that for about 15 minutes. Then on the next week I would jog 90 seconds and then walk 2 minutes. And this week was the 9'th week. Everyday I ran 30 minutes from the office to the beach and back. Today was the last day of the last week and I ran 5 Km and 185 meters in 30 minutes!!!

It's amazing - absolutely amazing. I am very surprised that there was no injury. I think it has to do with my nutrition. Let me explain. Back then in the dark days, 3 months ago, I had those pains in my feet and also it was a bit bleeding and wet and this and that. I think my feet was on its way for becoming a diabetic foot. If I didn't read Dr.Fuhrman's "The end of diabetes" then I guess few years from now my feet would have looked something like this - 


You see? - it was an ensemble of so many problems, this doesn't work and that doesn't work. And look at me today - I can actually run 5 Km. Where are all the problems? Where are the injuries associated with running? I mean I had a surgery in my knee few years ago, I am susceptible to injury and yes this is my fear - I admit. But yet here I am running 30 minutes every day and no injury. I think it has to do with my blood vessels, it has to do with the fact that my veins are so clean that blood is rushing to my legs, nourishing them, fixing issues, fighting inflammation and any oxidation stress.

So now I purchased for 2$ the program that takes me from 5k to 10k. it's called "10K pro by run double"  



and I am looking forward to be able to run 10 Km. That should be so cool.

Aviel.



אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה